A Taste of Chardonnay
Chardonnay is a white grape variety that varies from creamy and wooded to the lean and sparkly. A very versatile grape that makes a wide range of styles.The oaked, creamy wooded styles go well with fish and pasta dishes ( think butter on your grilled fish ) while the unoaked pair with sushi and oysters. We hope you enjoy our Taste of Chardonnay
- Credo Chardonnay : Pale gold with hints of green. Voluptuous body with aromas of buttered toast and crème bruleé. Firm structure with a mélange of citrus, treacle toffee, melon and a hint of ginger. The finish is seamless and lingers long after the last drop.
- Eikendal Chardonnay : The legend of Eikendal's flagship continues. Cellar Master Nico Grobler created a legacy, a narrative with his visionary approach to a true Burgundian style Chardonnay. On the nose faint whiffs of jasmine and apple blossom with a delightful freshness and flintiness on the pallet. The wine shows a tight finish and a mineral core resulting in a long finish.
- Flagstone Poetry Chardonnay : Brilliant white gold. Zesty citrus aromas combine with dried peach and apricot. Lime and grapefruit flavours follow through on the palate, complemented by a balanced acidity and lingering aftertaste.
- Delheim Chardonnay Sur Lie: Sur Lie means on the lees, where it spent 9 months. This Chardonnay has a light vibrant gold colour, with crisp apples, citrus, stone fruit and quince with subtle nuances of oak on the nose, following through onto the subtle, but well-structured palate. Elegant and well-balanced with a mineral touch on the finish.
- Bergsig Chardonnay : The wine shows typical characteristics of a slow ripening area. Full ripe, complex wine with elegance. Good balance between fruit, creamy butterscotch and spicy oak
- Jordan Unoaked Chardonnay : Inspired by the styles of Chablis where Chardonnay is allowed to express its inherent character. A totally unique unoaked offering that is defined partly by extended lees contact that develops mouthfeel and nuance in the wine. Aromas of freshly grated lemon zest and citrus orchard that finishes with flavours of apricot puree and lime sorbet.
NB: We may change the wines from time to time without notice due to availability
|Winemaker||A selection from wine.co.za|
- Range: wine.co.za